Monday, October 2, 2006

Matatiele residents ‘misinformed on RDP houses’

Residents to hear about the planned registration of people for RDP houses in the Matatiele area

Fanie van Zyl, Matatiele’s acting municipal manager in the Eastern Cape, says he is to meet residents of the area today to discuss what he terms ‘misinformation’ about the planned registration of people for Reconstruction and Development (RDP) houses.

This comes after the angry residents held him hostage. Locals say the registration drive had failed. Van Zyl says the meeting will seek to establish who sent out an incorrect message.

“We are going to meet today to try and establish who sent the incorrect information and then we will plan forward from there. It was just people that surrounded my vehicle, and while I was telling some of the people to get into my vehicle, they surrounded the vehicle and put a few stones under the wheels so that I could not move. Within five minutes, the SAPS arrived and they addressed the crowd,” Van Zyl said. SABC

1 comment:

Lawrence Ndzwangu said...

hi,my name is lawrence Ndzwangu at Matatiele I want 2 know the date of registration of houses in Matatiele