Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Housing officials learn new skills

Western Cape municipal officials attending a housing development training session at the University of Cape Town on Tuesday said the programme would benefit them.

Seventy employees from more than 20 municipalities across the province were taking part in the week-long programme.

The Human Settlements Department has spent nearly R500,000 to help improve the skills of officials responsible for housing development.

It insisted it could not spend billions of rands on projects that could fall apart even before completion.

Prince Albert Municipality official Ashley America believed the council would benefit from the programme.

“This would give me a broader perspective taking the human factor into consideration and I’m capacitating myself because I don’t have all the experience in the world. I think what the department is doing here is excellent,” he added.

- Eyewitness News

No comments: